Call for Papers:Agriculture, the Rural Economy and China’s Growth in the 21st Century: Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of AAEA China Section
China Agricultural Economic Review (CAER)
CALL FOR PAPERS: Special Issue
Agriculture, the Rural Economy and China’s Growth in the 21st Century: Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of AAEA China Section
Date for Full Paper Submission: May 1 to June 15, 2020
Special Issue Guest Editors:
Scott Rozelle, Stanford University
Yuqing Zheng, University of Kentucky
Chengfang Liu, Peking University
The year of 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the China Section at the Agricultural & Applied Economics Association! As China’s premier journal in agricultural economics, China Agricultural Economic Review (CAER, SSCI indexed with an impact factor > 1) is inviting contributions to a Special Issue on “Agriculture, the Rural Economy and China’s Growth in the 21st Century: Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of the AAEA's China Section.”
Proposed themes for the Special Issue include:
· A decade of the AAEA China Section: Past, Present and Future;
· Agribusiness, e-commerce, food safety and the supply chain；
· Poverty reduction and changing rural livelihoods；
· Human capital (education, health, nutrition, training, etc.): past successes; future challenges；
· Climate change and the environment；
· Input markets (land, labor, capital, etc.): the path of evolution and the role of reforms；
· Output markets, subsidies, trade and food security；
· Public infrastructure investments and the rural economy’s growth and transition；
· Technological progress, information and communication technology (ICT), R&D investment and agricultural productivity；and
· Research on the recent COVID-19 outbreak and its impact on the rural economy: empirical findings and policy messages.
For those interested in participating, we will follow the following procedure:
· Please submit your full paper between May 1 and June 15, 2020, using our online submission system at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/caer. Please follow the journal submission guidelines. In your cover letter, you must indicate that the submission is for this Special Issue.
· Papers will undergo a standard (but expedited) review process. You will receive an initial editorial decision of rejection or accept/revise/resubmit with detailed comments within one month. In the cases that are positive, revised drafts will be due by August 15, 2020.
· We aim to publish the special issue in the first half of 2021.
Please forward this message to other scholars in the field. Welcome all!!!
Scott Rozelle (email@example.com), Yuqing Zheng (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Chengfang Liu (email@example.com) (Guest Editors)
Xian Xin (Chief Editor), Baozhong Su (Editorial Coordinator).
CAER-CFP-20200324-1.pdf(Call for papers-Click for downloading)